Sunday, October 6, 2013

Celebrating 90 Years

I promised my Mom I would post the pictures I took while on a recent trip to my home town of Lehi, Utah.  The motivation behind the trip officially was to celebrate my Grandfather's 90th birthday.  Needing a break from work, missing my family and friends, and a real good deal on airfair didn't discourage me any either.  At anyrate...  here are the pictures.  Well... the ones worth posting.


Grandpa with his birthday hat on and one balloon.  I am sure he was excited to be wearing the hat... he didn't take it off the entire time so surely he enjoyed it.
My Dad and his Sister
Cousins!!
 I actually got a picture of Bill's family all together and, mostly, sitting still.  It didn't last long as a park is far too much temptation for little ones to ignore.
My Dad sharing a few words about his Dad. 
 Lexi and Grandpa (her Great Grandpa)
 Proof a cake was there, albeit temporarily.
 I love grandma's face in this picture.  Not sure what she is thinking but there seems to be a twinkle in her eye.  Maybe it is the hat.
Time for candy.  Bill brought a bunch of candy and we launched it in the air for the little ones to chase down.
 Candy from Heaven
 Yummy!
 Does it get any better than this? (Thanks Heather for Capturing this shot)
 More candy from the sky
 
I was very greatful for the opportunity I had to return home for this celebration.  As I have moved farther and farther away from what I still call Home I have, oddly enough, become closer to my cousins than I was before moving away.  I have been blessed greatly by their open acceptance of me and willingness to include in their homes and families.  This has made family reunions even more enjoyable than before as now I have a real connection with more than just my immediate family.  

5 comments:

  1. Thanks, Dan, for the posts. I love the photos - the look on Grandma's face is priceless. I was, personally, surprised that someone who did not want a party (as Grandpa kept claiming) seemed to have so much fun to be with everyone and to have a day to celebrate just him. The candy cannon looks like it was a great hit with the kids, too - thanks Stephanie. There really needs to be something said about Stephanie and her devotion to the family and her efforts to make sure something like this happened, and everyone else who pulled it off - Ann and Kathy especially. I just felt so bad that it had to be done the same day I was out of town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for Dan being the camera man! So glad you were here to celebrate all week with us- you picked a perfect week full of parties!!! Karysn is in fact dancing around in her Hello Kitty dress today. Thanks for spoiling us rotten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for blogging Dan! Watch out its conatagious. Love to hear your take of the weekend. So fun having you that week and looking forward to the holidays also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! Glad to see you here, and enjoyed the pictures (except the one of your father's sister). I look forward to reading and seeing more. And your cousins and their kids love you!! I am so glad you were able to be so close to Sarah--you are family, and were the closest family to her, and the whole family loved it. And just thinking about how Chloe loves her "Uncle Danny" makes me smile too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to Blogland! I am on the other end of the blogging scene where I have probably just about said all that anyone can possibly care to hear from me but it is such a fun way to connect when you live far away, and a bit more personal and real than just reading about who loves donuts on Facebook. I am glad you made it out to celebrate with grandpa. I guess that makes us the bums that didn't make it but it is fun to see him enjoying his day and embracing that birthday hat.

    ReplyDelete