Tuesday, July 1, 2014

The Move (with pictures)

So at long last the job offer was made and accepted and the time came for me to pack up and head North. Since I rarely remember to take pictures of anything I am doing I thought I should take some shots of my move.  Nothing super fancy or exciting, but hey... pictures!



My "ten foot" truck.  They didn't have a ten footer so I got a sixteen foot truck instead.  Lucky me... more space than I needed and worse on gas. But hey... they didn't charge me extra.  The hotel in the background is where I have spent the past 3 years working.  I will miss some of the people I worked with but I am glad to be leaving TN. 

Bridge over the river that separates Kentucky from Illinois.  I have crossed this bridge many times over the past 3 months.

The sign up ahead... that means I am now "home". 

Where did all the trees go?? One of the things I loved about TN was the trees.  Everywhere you drove it was like driving down a tunnel of trees they were so thick on both sides.  I meant to take a picture of that but well... I tend to forget to take pictures in case you didn't know.

Home.  This is where I will be living for the next stage of my life.  The apartment complex has a town home feel to it, mine is on the 2nd floor far left, you can see the dining room window.

30814, that is mine. 

Empty

Full
Lots of work still to do before the boxes are all empty and the place becomes more like a home but I was blessed to have some members of the ward show up and help me get my super heavy furniture inside (that leather sofa is a nightmare to move but ohhhhh so comfy to sit on)

I love the layout of this apartment, it is a one bedroom with a den (my guest room/movie room), has a fireplace and a spacious bathroom that has an oversized tub and a shower head that is taller than I am!  The shower head at my last house was about a foot lower than I am and not fun to use. I don't like the lack of ceiling lights in the bedroom/den (will have to buy some floor lamps) and the parking is a bit of a challenge, but overall it is a true improvement over my previous residence.
 
So, for those that want to know, here is my new address:
 
 
30814 Village Green Boulevard
Warrenville, IL 60555
 
 
Now I must return to the task of unpacking all the boxes cluttering up my living room and finding out just what I still need to buy to make this place "home".  Guess I know what I will be doing this weekend. For as much as I dislike moving I sure seem to be doing it a lot lately.
 
 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. Welcome Home! We need to head down for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are more than welcome to come visit anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to come see you in your new place. May be a while, but at least I know where the hotel is and what the layout of the land is, which is fantastic! Thanks for posting the photos! That's so fun!

    ReplyDelete