Friday, September 19, 2014

Quick Catch Up

So the last several weeks have gone by very quickly for me and while my life is generally rather dull and uneventful as I take a brief moment to think back on it there was a bit that did happen outside of my normal wake up, go to work, go home and to bed routine.  So... here is a quick recap of the last 3 weeks... or was it 4 or 5, I am not quite sure... you see I turned 40 on August 24th and ever since then things have been crazy busy!

In the past 4 weeks I have had my boss visit my hotel 3 different times.  I have had a visit from the President of the company purchasing my hotel.  I have had a visit from the current owner's of my hotel.  I have had a visit from a Senior VP over focused service sales as well.  During all of these visits I have been scrambling to prepare my hotel for a Quality Assurance inspection (Q.A. for short) that will happen any day now, I have also switched leased labor companies (not the employees, just the company, boss said to do it so I said OK).  I have survived yet another head cold, survived my first 2 cub scout meetings, a pack meeting, and a roundtable meeting.  I have taught 2 times in Primary (love that calling!) and even survived my own cooking!

I have also had visits from 2 friends:  Eve, my friend who currently lives in Texas stopped by and did a bit of decorating in my apartment.  I even left some of what she did alone (some of it got rearranged the day she flew out).  Jason Libberton, a friend from my Elementary School days stopped by for a week with one of his daughters to visit the Chicago area.  I was busy with work so didn't get to spend a ton of time with them, but it was nice to have someone to talk to at night and play the occasional game with. 

This week the craziness continued with another visit from my boss (I seriously thought he was joking when he said he was coming back out).  After the craziness of the previous visits he decided this time we should do something fun and so we all went to a Cubs game on Wednesday night.  I even took some pictures! They aren't of the highest quality, but since my posts so rarely have pictures I will post them anyway.  And that will wrap up my catch up.


Wrigley Stadium on our way to the game

Great Seats, and better yet... they didn't cost me anything!


Chicago Dog, had to have one while there. They are messy, but soooo tasty!  I still prefer Fenway Franks though.




 
 




 

8 comments:

  1. Lots of visits during a very busy time. The gift of the head cold wasn't too nice, but the trip to the baseball game looked terrific. Same boss for both? And do thank him for taking a food picture for me, would you? Looks very yummy. Those were great seats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tis the season to be busy! I'm glad you are enjoying teaching primary! I bet those boys LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remind me to send some cookies to you ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Mom, same boss, different weeks.

    As for my primary class (boys and girls mixed class) I think they are getting used to me now. It didn't hurt that I baked some cookies for them as a treat today (not as good as Aspen's prize winning ones, but good enough). Funny how popular you can become when you have cookies or candy in hand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did u use the recipe Bill makes? His are the bomb! I always screw up choc chip so I go w oatmeal or pumpkin choc chip now. Ps I want aspens recipe!! Hope you're better and great seats for a Red Sox fan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just used a recipe I found online through the google tool. Nothing fancy but still tasted good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Daniel! I'm jealous anytime I see Wrigley Field and a Chicago Dog... Love this time of year - Fall baseball is the best.... Next time you're in Utah plan it around a RSL match and we'll go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely need to catch another game with you Jeff! Not sure when I will be able to pull away from this challenging hotel I have taken over, hoping sometime around the holidays. By the way, I am enjoying reading about Jordyn's experiences on her mission! Brings back SO many memories of my own experiences in Ecuador!!!

    ReplyDelete