Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Tis The Season

I apologize in advance for skipping ahead to Christmas and I do promise to give Thanksgiving its due in a future post, but seeing as how multiple members of my family and friends have asked for information on my Holiday plans and what I want for Christmas I figured I would hurry and get that information shared.  I also apologize to any for whom this post is irrelevant or a waste of time.  I never said my blog would be all that exciting and since I don't have kids to write about you are stuck hearing about me and my life.  Just be thankful I don't post pictures of myself in a bathing suit without a shirt on.  There, I was able to tie in a little bit of Thanksgiving.   ;)


First and foremost!

I will be home for Christmas this year!  It has been close to 5 years since I was able to celebrate Christmas day in Utah and I am looking forward to it.  I fly in on December 17th late, and fly out on the 30th early.  To everyone who may check out my blog, here is your chance to schedule time with me!  If there is something you want to do, some time you want me to spend with you, some children performing Christmassy stuff...  please let me know!  This link will connect you to my Calendar, I will do my best to keep it updated with any requests/information.  You can text me, leave a comment here, or email me at Daniel.Loveridge@hotmail.com

Here is the link (assuming it works): https://cid-31bdf444f9f606f8.calendar.live.com/calendar/private/6e145d08-9fde-4c0c-a1b8-eda80fa5f73e/5ad21a4a-72fc-4899-b9cc-8f0adced4ab7/calendar.xml (Sorry, it seems this isn't working properly no easy calendar view).


Now, for those that have wanted to know what I want for Christmas (if this is not you, don't bother reading any further, you have been warned).

I hate doing this.  I know the value of a Christmas wish list when it comes time to shopping and love getting them from everyone else so my shopping time isn't as challenging... but when it comes to putting down what I want, it isn't so easy.  Generally... when I want something... I buy it and don't think to wait for someone else to get it as a gift.  It is just this habit of mine that makes it so hard for everyone else to shop for me for Christmas.  I honestly prefer not to get gifts.  I don't turn them down mind you, but I would rather give them than receive them.  I will write a little more on gifts and my attitude towards them later, maybe after Thanksgiving, but for now I will swallow my pride and provide a list.  In no particular order, just throwing things out as they come to mind:

Cookies - fresh, home made, no nuts. 

A new wallet (mine is still good, but getting close to needing to be replaced)

Books - Fantasy is my favorite Genre but I am not opposed to trying something new.  Churchy books are also always acceptable and, probably, should be my favorite Genre.  I should work on that.

Sunglasses

Any DVD of Hayao Miyazaki (my collection of his works vanished during one of my moves)


Sorry if the list is rather small, and maybe I will add to it later if I can come up with anything else, but I did say this wasn't very easy for me to do.

1 comment: